Thursday, August 19, 2010

Here is your mission… if you choose to take it

I have been feeling inspired by the few blogs that I follow... so I have issued myself a challenge! For the next seven days... SEVEN... I will create a blog that will apply that current day's event(s) to a bible verse.

So, I will explain the challenge part... I like to start things and I'm really EXCITED when these things are started but have a tendency to stop once started (much like this blog).

So today's topic is Procrastination. Wikipedia states the definition for Procrastination as the counterproductive deferment of actions or tasks to a later time. Procrastination can be a mechanism for coping which can include anxiety when faced with starting or completing any task or decision. Much like my blog.

The bible doesn't specifically use the word procrastination however there are MANY verses regarding laziness:

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men" Colossians 3:23

So, to apply it to my blog... what I have so thoroughly enjoyed by doing my blog is digging deeper into the bible and sharing it with everyone while doing so. I love to receive positive feedback after posting! I've also realized how many people I know that are involved in their faith and their church (this was not the impression I had while growing up and not involved)! So, I am working for the Lord and maybe someone reading this will have questions and begin their journey with Christ!

So, day one done... now to determine tomorrow's topic... maybe I'll just put that off until the morning (just joking)! Suggestions welcome!!

1 comment:

  1. Procrastination was a good topic to start your challenge on. And your motivation inspires me, not just in blogging, but in being the wife and mother God has called me to be. Maybe tomorrow could be perseverance, because we all face trials and adversity. We all deal it, and how we come out on the other side of it is what defines who we are. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete