Sunday, June 6, 2010

life's disappointments...

So, it's been MONTHS since I've blogged. I was so gung-ho and excited to start one but, much like many other things that I've started, once I did it I didn't keep it up. I would really LOVE to use this as an outlet... so here goes nothing...

I did promise that I would not use my blog to complain and WHINE but I am and hopefully only today. I am hoping that this will be some form of release for me.

As a few of you may know, I found religion less than two years ago and my life has completely changed. I now have a different purpose in life... it's not to have the most money, the biggest house and the most well behaved children... it's just simply to be a GOOD human being and hopefully raise two great human beings. That being said, I've had my ups and downs and recently found myself disappointed in some people that I've made "important" in my life.

Logically I know that people are not perfect and are allowed to make mistakes. I just have difficulty letting go of the hurt, and let's be honest, the anger that comes with it. I call it a Trimble trait; we definitely know how to hold a grudge!

I need to remember how far I have come in my journey and realize how much further that I have to go. I strive to be perfect but will stumble many, MANY times in my journey as do those "important" people in my life, as we are only human.

I hope all those that actively participate in my life realize how much I truly LOVE and value them... without you my journey would be even more difficult. For those that may be in the "disappointed" category I LOVE and value you as well... you are making me stronger!

1 comment:

  1. Joyce Meyer is one of my favorites, if not my favorite, Christian author. She always says, "I may not be where I need to be, but thank God, I'm not where I use to be!" Amen.

    ReplyDelete