Sunday, June 27, 2010

my "ah-ha" moment...

Today I heard a LOUD message...

A few of you know that I've been struggling with how I've been meant to serve.

I don't necessarily like everyone's children... but did enjoy my time in the children's area. Unfortunately I am not able to commit to projects during the work week and thus guilt. I don't have a lot of friends visit the church and AGAIN guilt.

I've never questioned why it took over 30 years for me to find the Lord; I know it's the plan that was determined for me. I can even find the message intended for me in terms of the debt that I've incurred... I'm stubborn... if I'm going to learn anything the lesson needs to be SCREAMED at me.

Today I had the opportunity assist with a group of visitors that are interested in taking steps (some of them, their first steps) in their relationship with Christ. For the first time I had an opportunity to tell others my personal journey. While I may not have many personal friends come to the Anchor, I have exhibited the characteristics of a Christian and therefore shared with so many and didn't even realize it!

After this experience I realized that the reason that I've been so easily (most days) to follow my new financial plan to get out of debt is because I have a new purpose in life. Once out of debt, I will have the freedom to devote additional time and my talents (yes, my talent is talking, drawing people out, making fun of myself and just making people comfortable).

"Ah ha"... I believe that God is using me to help develop relationships with people to help them with their walk!

My family should be debt free in 31 months due to hard work and faith that the Lord will provide. I will be using these 31 months to become more educated about the bible and pray that I'll be used to lead. After my debt is paid off I will be able to dedicate MUCH more time to my community and make those in the beginning of their journey feel comfortable in their next steps.

AH-HA and most importantly AMEN!

2 comments:

  1. That is Awesome! God is using you and I feel privileged to have you as a sister in Christ! (That sounded very Baptist)

    ReplyDelete